Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do NGOs that took part in consultations organized by this project have any advantage?
Participation in consultations, specifically information sessions, or in the events implemented within the Project, does not guarantee any advantages compared to other non-participating organizations in the events implemented within the Project.
2. Will the participants be certified after completing the Sustainable Development Academy?
Yes, participants of the Sustainability Academy will be certified for attendance.
3. Who will cover the commuting cost of attending the Academy?
Commuting costs of attending the Academy will be covered by the project. Costs must be reasonable, namely public transport must be used and certified by a tax coupon or ticket in the absence of a coupon.
4. Can we include these costs in the project proposal?
5. How many persons from an NGO may attend this Academy?
Two persons from an NGO may attend, preferably those involved with the project.
6. Why does the project implementation start in February 2019, while Academy modules start earlier?
The Academy’s Sustainability Modules will serve to gain the greater knowledge leading to successful project implementation.
7. May organizations with over € 30,000 annual budget apply?
8. What documents should an organization’s annual turnover be attested to?
The annual turnover of an organization may be attested by an Annual Corporate Tax Statement issued by the TAK following your declaration. You will be requested to provide this proof if you enter the short list of project’s finance benefit scheme.
9. Do we receive evidence from the EU that we are VAT exempt?
The EU does not issue VAT exemption letter; VAT law and the VAT exemption explanation decision provide sufficient evidence for VAT exemption. See the explanation below:
“According to explanatory decision no. 04/2016, issued by the General Director of Tax Administration of Kosovo, the supplier of goods/services, upon invoicing projects funded with donations, shall bill without VAT, marking in the invoice the reference to the article 33. paragraph 3, sub-paragraph 3.1 of Law no. 05/L - 37 on VAT”.
10. Are these the only areas we can apply for?
Yes. The application shall be valid in the following areas: 1. Democracy and Good Governance; 2. Education, Employment and Social Policies; 3. Youth and Volunteerism; 4. Rule of Law and Human Rights.
11. If organizations do not have similar past experience in priority areas, but in other areas, can they apply?
12. Are informal groups that have no NGO but are active in the neighborhood or in the village and have attractive ideas eligible to apply?
The project provides support to established (registered) organizations at least one year prior to the Call for Proposals.
13. Can I apply for human rights activities; is the project implementation duration months or years long, and is the application for human rights activity amount limited?
“Fostering sustainable organizational development for CSOs in Kosovo” project provides support for ideas of CSO projects in four main areas of intervention: Democracy and Good Governance, Education, Employment and Social Policy, Youth and Volunteerism, Rule of Law and Human Rights.
15 selected CSOs will be offered financial support from 3500EUR to 4000EUR, regardless of the area, covering 100% of the project costs.
Project implementation period is February 2019 - July 2019.
a). Is only one organization eligible to apply for financial support of € 3500-4000, as expression “community” is not clear. See below:
15 grants for community-based projects will be awarded to third parties. The minimum amount of financial support is 3500 € while the maximum amount is 4000 €. Funding will cover 100% of the total project budget.
b). Regarding coalitions, is it necessary to have 4 organizations to cooperate in a project to get € 34,000 support or only one organization will suffice?
You can apply as a single organization at this stage, but the project should be community-based.
If your project is accepted, in the second phase of the grant, the beneficiary organizations will build coalitions, which will receive grants for coalitions worth up to 8500 Euros (34,000 Euros is the total amount awarded to 4 coalitions with 4 organizations. A coalition may be awarded a maximum of 8500 Euros - 8500 x 4 coalitions, totaling 34,000 Euros).
14. I’m interested in opening an clinic, do you support these projects?
The call is open to Civil Society Organizations.
15. Can I apply for this Call considering the fact that I have been established 5 months ago, not a 1 year.
NGO must have at least 1 year of operation since the registration.
16. Do you also award grants for startups, for business opportunities?
The Call is open to Non-Governmental Organizations that implement community-based projects, mostly advocacy.
17. Speaking of creating coalitions, are coalitions created by other organizations, or the ones that won the first round?
Organizations awarded grants in the first round, the same ones will be organized in coalitions.
18. Why organizations younger than one year of operation are not supported?
To testify the ability to manage a project, the organization must have at least one year of registration and at least one project implemented in the past.
19. Can organizations apply for funding as coalitions, or should they apply individually?
Organizations may apply for grants individually, while coalitions shall be formed among first round grant beneficiary organizations.
20. Is it possible for coalitions to expand with non-winning NGOs?
One form of expansion of coalitions is through the required percentage to raise funds from coalitions, i.e. 20% funds raised by coalitions, allowing to add any NGO with funds to cover this required percentage.